OPERF/ABC Student Award for Academic Achievement
About the Scholarship
The OPERF/American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics (ABC) Student Awards for Academic Achievement in Orthotics & Prosthetics Program supports orthotics and prosthetics students who are currently enrolled in a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)-accredited O&P program and who have completed at least one semester toward their degree program.
Each year the award provides up to 10 eligible students a $1,000 cash award.
- Enrolled full-time in a CAAHEP-accredited O&P practitioner program.
- Completed at least one semester of a CAAHEP-accredited O&P practitioner program.
- Individuals may only receive this award once.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following:
(Electronic transcripts must be signed by the faculty member recommending the student for the award.)
- Letter of recommendation from a full-time faculty member from the program in which you are enrolled
- Applicant Statement and CV
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 1
Award notifications are anticipated to be distributed six to eight weeks from submission deadline.
Submissions: . The subject of your email should read OPERF/ABC Student Award.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT: If you have any trouble navigating through the site or have issues submitting your application, please contact Manisha Bhaskar at (202) 380-3663 or email .