About the Scholarship
The Orthotic and Prosthetic Education and Research Foundation (OPERF), Inc. is now soliciting nominations for the Tamarack Prize for Outstanding Contribution to Orthotic Science and Practice. This prize, sponsored by Tamarack Habilitation Technologies, Inc., recognizes the critical importance of clinical research, design development and education in the pursuit of improved patient outcomes.
OPERF is seeking nominations for individuals who have made a significant contribution to the practice and understanding of orthotic science within the last five to ten years. The OPERF Board of Directors may also nominate deserving individuals. Ideal nominees or applicants are those who have a history of at least ten years in clinical care, as a practical foundation for their scientific research, or orthotic design development in addition to scientific presentation, publications and/or formal instruction in the orthotics profession and/or industry.
To qualify for award consideration, applicants/nominees must:
- Be eligible to provide clinical care as an orthotist within the United States (ABC certification is not required);
- Have a minimum of ten years clinical experience as an orthotist;
- Be an active member of the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists (AAOP);
- Be actively involved in improving orthotic science and clinical care over the past five or more years.
The Tamarack Prize will be presented at the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists Annual Meeting and Scientific Symposium. The recipient of the Tamarack Prize will also be invited to present at the opening session of the Annual Meeting. The Tamarack Prize will include a $10,000 unrestricted cash award in recognition of the recipient's contributions to science and dedication to improving orthotic clinical care.Download the full Tamarack Prize Overview Document
How to Apply
- Tamarack Prize application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume
- Copies of relevant publications
- Letters of recommendation (no more than five) are optional
Nominations for the Tamarack Prize for Outstanding Contributions to Orthotic Science and Practice are being accepted via e-mail to and by mail. For details, see the Tamarack Award Overview and Information document. (PDF)
Required submission materials include:
- Tamarack Prize application
- Nominee's Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume;
- Copies of relevant publications; and
- Between three (minimum) and five (maximum) letters of recommendation
The subject of your email should read Tamarack Prize.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 15
Application attachments may be mailed to:
Tamarack Prize for Outstanding Contribution to Orthotic Science and Practice
Attn: Andrew Sawers, CPO, PhD
Orthotic and Prosthetic Education and Research Foundation Inc.
P.O. Box 30840
Bethesda, MD 20824
Materials cannot be returned.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions about the Carlton Fillauer Prize, please contact Manisha Bhaskar at (202) 380-3663 or email .