Ken Chagnon Scholarship Fund
About the Scholarship
The Ken Chagnon Scholarship Program provides grants to individuals who are pursuing technician education in orthotics and prosthetics. Each year the program awards $500 to a deserving O&P technician program student.
Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited O&P technician program as well as meet all of the the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a financial need
- Display leadership qualities
- Contribute to their own education financially
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0
How to Apply
Students may apply directly for the scholarship, or a professor may nominate them. To be considered for the award, students must submit the following:
- A completed application (form below)
- A letter of reference
- An official transcript from your current academic semester, and
- A 200-word essay addressing why they want to become an orthotic/prosthetic technician.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 31
Schools must send the official transcript by January 31 via the two options identified below.
Scholarships - Orthotic and Prosthetic Education and Research Foundation: P.O. Box 34635
Washington, DC 20043-4635
Electronically to .
Materials cannot be returned.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions about the Chester Haddan Scholarship, please contact the Academy at (202) 380-3663 or email .