Carlton Fillauer Prize for Outstanding Contribution
to Prosthetics Science and Practice
About the Scholarship
The Orthotic and Prosthetic Education and Research Foundation (OPERF) has established the Carlton Fillauer Prize for Outstanding Contribution to Prosthetics Science and Practice. This award, sponsored by the Fillauer Companies Inc., will recognize prosthetists who have actively engaged in clinical care, research, and publication. The $5,000 unrestricted cash prize will be presented biennially - even years only.
Ideal nominees or applicants are those who have a history of clinical care, scientific research, and peer-reviewed publication in the prosthetics profession.
- Be eligible to provide clinical care as a prosthetist within the United States (ABC or BOC certification is required)
- Have a minimum of ten years clinical experience as a prosthetist
- Demonstrate a commitment to advancing the profession through membership in professional associations
- Have been actively involved in research directed at improving prosthetics science and clinical care over a period of five or more years
- Be an author or co-author in at least one article in a peer-reviewed journal, such as the Journal of Prosthetics and Orthotics (JPO)
- Not be employed by or associated with a manufacturer or distributor of prosthetic devices
The recipient of the Carlton Fillauer Prize will be invited to make a brief presentation at the opening session of the Academy Annual Meeting & Scientific Symposium.Carlton Fillauer Prize Overview
How to Apply
- Complete the Carlton Fillauer Prize application.
- Submit a copy of publications related to prosthetic science and/or clinical care written or co-authored by the applicant.
The subject of your email should read Carlton Fillauer Prize.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 30
Application attachments may be mailed to:
Carlton Fillauer Prize
c/o Andrew Sawers, CPO, PhD
Orthotic and Prosthetic Education and Research Foundation
P.O. Box 30840
Bethesda, MD 20824
phone: (202) 380-3663
Materials cannot be returned.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions about the Carlton Fillauer Prize, please contact Manisha Bhaskar at (202) 380-3663 or email .